Two Favorites From My Gun Case - Part 1

A little while ago I bought a new gun. Well... I actually traded a handgun that I rarely ever used (and truthfully didn't really like anymore) for a brand new .17 HMR rifle and scope:

I didn't really need a new rimfire rifle, but does anyone ever really need one? I admit I was motivated by the incredible price I found, (as a result of all the "gotta-stock-up-on-handguns-and-ammo-before-Obama-takes-'em-away" hype that so many bought into out here). It has quickly become my second favorite of the guns that I own.

For those who don't know, a .17 HMR is a relatively new caliber that is as cheap to shoot as a .22 Magnum, but it has a much flatter trajectory, higher speeds, and better accuracy. It's basically a .22 mag case that has been necked down to .17 inches:


Mine has a heavy target barrel for better accuracy. I can't wait to take it back to the Utah desert for extra long shots at jackrabbits in the sagebrush, although I enjoy using it out here as well. Maybe this summer I'll put my crosshairs on that coyote that tried to eat Rudy last Fall.

Stay tuned for my favorite gun.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I actually loved shooting the handgun that you traded in, but glad you love your new gun!