Natural Photography

I used to own a really nice camera. Through its lens I discovered how beautiful the natural world in which we live actually is. This post is just a few of my pictures from back then.




I like photography in general, but something about capturing the world as it occurs naturally, unaltered by human presence, draws me. That kind of beauty doesn't need to be created or formed. It already exists, (albeit sometimes for only a split second)...


...and is just waiting to be experienced by a lucky few.


I do see the beauty in man made...



But for me it just doesn't compare to the natural kind. Like when smoke from a distant brush fire fills the evening sky and intensifies the setting sun's glow on the already amber and orange autumn leaves, making it feel like the world is on fire...


Or when a floating rain-ship hovers low over a high alpine meadow...


I think a good outdoor photo can tell an amazing story, leaving you wondering, "How did that happen?"...


...or "How does that happen?"...


...and especially "Why does this happen?"


I suppose there is plenty of beauty in Los Angeles and places like it. I just prefer this kind:



No comments: