Rudy the Retriever

So recently I've been training Rudy to retrieve. I'd like to have him ready to hunt this fall, but he's only 1 1/2 years old, and still somewhat of a pup. He's a spaniel, so it's in his blood, but I have to keep telling myself that he may never be the amazing hunting dog that I wish he would be. He's all I have for now so I do my best.


Here's a video of him retrieving in shallow water. He prefers shallow water to deep, but will fetch on command in both. He also has recently begun retrieving birds that I've thrown, but flushing live birds is pretty hard to come by until the hunts begin.


Courtney and I went camping recently with some friends from Logan, JD and Stacy, and we took the dogs. After catching countless Bear Lake cutthroat trout on our fly rods, we abandoned the canoe and sent the dogs into the lake for some practice.


Here's JD sending his Springer Spaniel, Lily, out for a bumper in the middle of the lake.

No comments: